Faith Lutheran Church, Joliet, has an opening for Director of Music as Vince McGirr, our organist and director for the past 24 years will be retiring at the end of July. Our contemporary worship service is covered. This orgainist/choir director position is for one traditional service on Sunday mornings. Applicants please contact Rev. Jane Perkolup, 815-715-4213, email@example.com.
Light of Christ, Algonquin is seeking:
Position: Director of Children’s Music
Direct Children’s Choirs,
- twice yearly Children’s musical/worship experiences.
- (optional: and provide music leadership for LOC Preschool)
- Part-time (9 hours/week avg., Aug. 12– April 30; with Preschool portion, 12 hours/week)
- Director of Contemporary Worship
- To lead children in preparing music and worship presentations that foster joy and help the congregation experience worship of the Living God, revealed in Jesus Christ.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Children’s Choir Leadership
- Recruit, rehearse and lead the Children’s Choir providing musical leadership for worship from September through April 30.
- Foster a positive environment among children and families (i.e. provide consistent encouraging communication, gather children for prayer, etc.)
- Direct the Children’s Christmas worship experience and Spring Musical
- Staff Ministry Coordination
- Attend only “All” staff meetings.
- Attend portions of Worship team meetings occasionally, on an as needed basis. .
- Time schedule
- Rehearsals for the choir are on Wednesday afternoons, 4:45-6:00; Children sing in worship approximately 2x/month. “All” staff meetings are 1x/month on Thursday morning.
- Rehearsals for the musical are on Monday or Tuesday afternoon, based on director’s schedule.
- Preschool Option:
- Provide 3 hours of musical leadership to LOC preschool
- Morning work with preschool is flexible, based on joint decision of Director and Preschool.
- Strong personal faith in Jesus Christ
- Ability to work in a team setting/collaborate
- Positive relational skills with adults and children
- Positive role model
- Strong vocal skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills; ability to involve others in ministry
- Ability to develop and respect personal boundaries; respect and uphold confidentiality
St. John’s Lutheran Church in Springfield, Illinois, a growing, dynamic ELCA church with over 2000 disciples and an average weekly worship attendance of over 500, is seeking a Full Time Director of Music Ministries. Find out more at www.stjohns-springfield.org
St. John's Lutheran Church, Rock Island, is seeking a qualified person to serve as Lay Ministry and Outreach Coordinator. This person will assume leadership in the development, coordination and implementation of lay and outreach ministries in the congregation, enabling people to live out their relationship with Jesus Christ in their daily lives. Read the whole job description
The most up-to-date list of Rostered Vacancies can now be found at www.nisynod.org/resources/vacancies
Anyone looking for small group Bible study for Seniors? Dr John Prabhakar, a retired surgeon turned author has published an eight week Bible study called 'God in the Golden Years' complete with a study guide. For details contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need help? Need resources? The Synod Resource Center has the answers. email@example.com or visit their website: www.nwsynod-wisconsin.org